We are thrilled to have been chosen to partner with a lovely Gold Coast couple who are currently renovating their beautiful waterfront home in Hope Island. Their home has been completely transformed with new wool carpet in the bedrooms and engineered oak flooring throughout the living spaces, halls and staircase.
Selecting A Stunning Wool Carpet - Sonning by Victoria Carpets
The bedrooms in the home required a luxe carpet that was not only cosy, but also acted as a natural insulator for the warm Gold Coast climate.
Sonning by Victoria Carpets was selected as it’s a beautiful, textured loop wool carpet manufactured right here in Australia. Available in eight different colours (check them out below), our clients were impressed by it’s texture and finish. Featured in this Gold Coast renovation is colour Magnolia 53 which perfectly pairs with the colour of their new oak flooring.
Victoria Carpets also offers a 15 Year Limited Wear Warranty on this carpet—making it a perfect choice for many family homes.
Benefits of Wool Carpet
There are plenty of reasons why you should consider installing wool carpet in your home including:
- Wool carpet is resilient and wears slower than carpets made from fibres like polypropylene.
- Wool carpet is hypoallergenic and helps absorb common airborne contaminants.
- Wool carpet is a natural insulator, keeping rooms cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Wool carpet is sustainable and is produced from natural resources.
Engineered Oak Flooring Completes this Perfect Project
Our clients selected the ever-popular oak flooring, Prestige 15 by Preference Floors. Featured in this home renovation is colour, Storm. If you love the look of fine oak flooring, then Prestige Oak Flooring is the natural choice. Sharing the unrivalled beauty and character of traditional European Oak, Prestige planks deliver added durability and strength due to its multi-ply core construction.
Benefits of Oak Flooring:
- Engineered oak flooring looks just like a real thing, but is more affordable and durable.
- Engineered oak flooring is durable and strong, outlasting cheaper timber-look alternatives.
- Well-installed and well-maintained oak flooring can increase the value of your property.
- You can re-sand and refinish engineered oak flooring several times in its lifetime.
- Engineered oak flooring adds beautiful aesthetics to your home and comes in a variety of types and finishes.
- Engineered oak floors are primarily made from plantation-grown trees, making them a more sustainable oak option.
Tying it All Together with a Matching Staircase
The staircase in this home has undergone an incredible transformation.
To ensure complete cohesiveness, our client ran the same oak flooring on their staircase, selecting a square stair nosing with overhang.
As staircases are considered high traffic areas, and the pressure in which they are walked upon is different from walking on your usual floors, Oak flooring is a great option.
If you require accessories for your renovation, we can walk you through trim colour, stair nose design & even the underlay before the job commences. Thoughtful & informed selections can make a big difference to the final outcome.
Book A One-on-One Showroom Appointment
To find out more about this project, or to book your own Showroom appointment to discuss your Gold Coast renovation, hit the button below and we’ll be in touch. We always recommend dropping into our showroom first to explore our complete range of flooring.