5 Year Installation Guarantee
5 YEAR INSTALLATION GUARANTEE (Guarantee)
One Source Flooring provides eligible residential customers with a 5 Year Installation Guarantee, offering them peace of mind that their flooring is guaranteed against faulty workmanship for five years from the date of installation completion. This date will be confirmed in writing by our administration team. This Guarantee only applies to the ‘installation’ of your flooring. To be eligible to receive this Guarantee, customers must have read, accepted and implemented the required steps laid out in the relevant Manufacturer’s Care & Maintenance Guides, understood the details within this Guarantee and followed all floor preparation requirements recommended by One Source Flooring and its Subcontractors.
If you are not satisfied with your installation on reasonable grounds, you must let One Source Flooring know in writing by emailing [email protected] within a reasonable period from the reason for non-satisfaction arising and in no event beyond the Guarantee period. As part of your 5 Year Installation Guarantee, One Source Flooring will:
- Visit your premise and perform an inspection of the workmanship to determine the cause of the issue.
- If the issue requires inspection from the Manufacturer, One Source Flooring will engage with them to perform their own independent inspection.
- Once all relevant inspections are made, we will advise the outcome and the steps that need to be taken.
- If One Source Flooring are responsible due to faulty workmanship and repair is possible, we will repair the goods. Where the flooring is not able to be repaired, we will replace the goods to the extent necessary to rectify the problem. Alternatively, we may offer compensation of an agreed value between One Source Flooring and the Client. Please refer to our Returns and Refunds Policy.
- If the Manufacturer is responsible, they will advise the next steps required.
Please note the below exclusions to our 5 Year Installation Guarantee:
- If it is evident, based upon our experience, that the customer has not followed the recommended Manufacturer’s Care & Maintenance instructions provided via email by One Source Flooring, the customer will not receive the full 5 Year Guarantee on their installation. This will be determined during your site visit. We will provide written grounds for this determination, which is final, and no appeals lies to the determination being made.
- The 5 Year Installation Guarantee is not assignable to a new resident in the event the house has been disposed, including and not limited to when the house has been sold, gifted to a relative or left to a beneficiary pursuant to a Will.
- The 5 Year Installation Guarantee is not valid for rental or tenanted properties (including holiday rentals/lets and boarding).
- Any damage made to the new flooring post-installation caused by renovations or changes within the home, including but not limited to, damage caused by new kitchen cabinetry, stone bench tops and any installation of fixtures or chattels.
- Customers are not eligible to receive the 5 Year Installation Guarantee if floor preparation works have not been carried out by One Source Flooring. This will be discussed prior to installation. Floor Preparation includes any preparation works from moisture testing, applying vapour barriers, levelling your subfloor and more.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
- Damage or wear that is associated with improper/lack of maintenance/care, moisture, water or liquid damage.
- Damage caused by improper home moisture preparedness including but not limited to inefficient home drainage and rising damp through your slab.
- Something beyond human control that occurred after installation, e.g. an extreme weather event or natural disaster.
- Scratches, stains or indentations that have been inflicted after installation such as intentional or accidental damage caused by dragging objects/furniture, sand and stones and so on.
- Deliberate or negligent damage caused by the customer or invitees of the customer.
- Improper or abnormal use.
- Damage caused by another installer engaged, that is not associated with us and not approved by us in writing.
- Surface checking issues i.e. gloss variation and/or colour variation between boards, natural features within the boards (veining, knots etc) which are a natural part of flooring and are not caused from installation.
- All other exclusions covered in the provided Manufacturer’s warranties.
Throughout our website and showroom, you will see that many of the products sold by One Source Flooring also come with Manufacturer’s Warranties or Guarantees. These goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of merchantable quality and fit for the purpose for which they have been installed and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
We may use in a general sense without any reference to your name, your information to create marketing statistics, identify user demands and to assist it in meeting customer needs generally. In addition, we may use the information that you provide to improve our website and services but not for any other use.
CHANGE IN GUARANTEE
Whilst we plan to ensure our 5 Year Installation Guarantee remains current; this policy is subject to change. We may modify this policy at any time, in our sole discretion and all modifications will be effective immediately upon our posting of the modifications on this website. Please return periodically to review our 5 Year Installation Guarantee.
If you have any questions or concerns at any time about our Guarantee please contact us at in[email protected] and we will respond within 48 hours.