Love the idea of Engineered Oak Flooring in your Gold Coast property? We have stunning oak flooring in wide planks, herringbone and chevron parquetry by Preference Floors and Australian Select Timbers on display in our showroom [and not just sample boards – it’s on the floor, too!].
Benefits of Engineered Oak Flooring
Engineered Oak flooring is not only beautiful, but also comes with a range of benefits, including:
- Engineered oak flooring looks just like a real thing, but is more affordable and durable.
- Engineered oak flooring is durable and strong, outlasting cheaper timber-look alternatives.
- Well-installed and well-maintained oak flooring can increase the value of your property.
- You can re-sand and refinish engineered oak flooring several times in its lifetime.
- Engineered oak flooring adds beautiful aesthetics to your home and comes in a variety of types and finishes.
- Engineered oak floors are primarily made from plantation-grown trees, making them a more sustainable oak option.
We invite you to drop in and view our entire Oak Flooring Collection yourself. You can book a one-on-one appointment by visiting our quote page below.
Oak Flooring in Herringbone & Chevron
For centuries, classic residencies and spectacular chateaus have all featured the unique beauty of Oak parquetry. Parquetry formations provide these structures unique character and appeal that has truly stood the test of time. Preference Floors De Marqué Parquetry Collection draws on this design cue, featuring Herringbone and Chevron patterns for everyday living. A classic and contemporary palette of pre-finished colours provides wonderful warmth and charm to almost any interior.
Our Chevron Flooring Colours
Our Herringbone Flooring Colours
Classic Look - Amazing Impact
Engineered Oak Flooring construction provides dimensional accuracy and stability with a wear layer designed to last for centuries. Presented with a universal Tongue & Groove system for direct adhesive installation only. Both Chevron and Herringbone patterns are available in a range presented with classic décors of subtle charm that’s sure to make an impact. De Marqué parquetry will definitely deliver a sense of calm and beauty into your life.
- Engineered to exacting standards.
- Manufactured from environmentally certified resources.
- Extremely stable with excellent wear resistance.
- Wear layer can be refurbished and rejuvenated when required.
Engineered for Quality
Perfectly suited for residential, multi-residential and commercial applications, you’ll benefit from the following specifications:
- Multiply Hardwood Construction
- Grade ABC Janka Hardness 5.5 – 6.0kN
- Universal Tongue & Groove Profile
- Micro Bevel 4 sides
- Light Brushed Surface
- VOC Free Water Based Matte Coating E1
- Australian Fire & Slip test certified
- T&G Stair Nosing Available
- Suitable for Hydronic in-slab Heating Only
- 25 Year Limited (Lifetime) Structural Warranty
Stair Nosing for Oak Flooring
Tongue & Groove Stair nosing is available to support our range of De Marque parquetry. If you are installing this range on your stairs, we recommend discussing your project with our sales team prior to purchase. These images are for illustrative purposes only and have been provided by Preference Floors.
Trims & Scotia for Oak Flooring
An extensive range of scotia colours and aluminium floor trims are available to support certain floor installations when required.
Our team will recommend the best fit for your new flooring and provide options for scotia if skirting is not being removed.
Oak Flooring Care and Maintenance
Correct maintenance and cleaning of your Oak Flooring is required. Preventative maintenance includes the installation of quality mats at all entrances and felt protectors on furniture legs to prevent scratching. If other trades are still on-site after your new flooring has been installed it’s wise to place a protective covering over the floor whilst construction continues. Do not tape covering directly to surface coating. Do not leave protective covering in-situ for an extended period of time. Humidity will build up under the floor protective covering resulting in damage to the floor coating.
On-going maintenance includes proper cleaning methods and use the of protective cleaning products to keep the floor looking good. A correctly maintained timber or oak floor should almost never need to be sanded back to bare timber. Avoid using any generic floor cleaning solutions regularly sold as Floor Cleaner. Generic floor cleaning solutions could damage the floor coating.
As always, we recommend reviewing and adhering to your manufacturer’s Care and Maintenance guides to ensure your Oak Flooring is cared for correctly.